By Dr. Adrian Wallace
QubeCore Sports & Rehab Osteopath
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is an all encompassing manual-focused practice that views a body as a whole and
treats it as such. Techniques range from the orthopedic realm of mobilizations,
contract-relax stretching, soft tissue and exercise to softer craniosacral and visceral
ones. The study of osteopathy believes that the body has the ability to heal itself when in working order.
What can you expect during an Osteopathy session?
1) History – all past and current injuries are relevant to figuring out your puzzle.
2) Movement Assessment – activities and movement patterns that you are engaged in
and how well you perform them. Table work aside, there may be simple fixes here to
put you back on your path to excellence.
3) Muscle Tests – how do you stabilize in different angles – this guides our soft tissue
intervention (i.e petrissage and trigger point)
4) Joint Range of Motion – here we assess the end range of the muscles – are you
blocked in the angle we are closing? Osteopathic mobilizations may clear the way.
5) Exercise / Volume adjustment – our plan to make a long term tissue quality change
and / or making your current plan work for you.
6) The nervous system – if we find that you are too sympathetically or ‘fight or flight’ driven, a gentle cranial approach may be integrated to ease your system.
What conditions could benefit from Osteopathy treatment?
– Achilles and patellar tendinopathy
– Ligament and muscle sprains
– Wrist, neck and back pain
– Plantar fascia
– Chronic pain
To read the full list of conditions that can be treated with Osteopathy, please visit our website.
QubeCore Sports & Rehab offers Osteopathy services in North Vancouver for a wide range of injuries and conditions. To book your appointment with Adrian Wallace, call 604.210.2274 or simply book online by clicking HERE.