FST (FASCIAL STRETCH THERAPY)
Fascial Stretch Therapy is a pain-free, unique, complete, and complementary system of table-based assisted stretching, focusing on the fascia and joint capsule as the key elements in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance, and pain relief. FST is one of the quickest, most effective, and most pleasant methods to eliminate pain, restore function, move and feel better in activities of life, fitness, and sports!
When fascia and joint capsules are restricted, it can cause:
- Decreased joint space, leading to degenerative joint diseases and osteoarthritis
- Increased muscle tone, leading to trigger points, strains, tendonitis, and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone, leading to headaches, trigger points, and muscle tightness
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow and energy levels
- …and much more
Who can benefit from Fascial Stretch Therapy?
FST is suitable and beneficial for all ages - including anyone who has been cleared by a physician for stretching and active movements, fitness fanatics, and athletes.
How does Fascial Stretch Therapy compare to other various stretching methods?
- FST targets the entire fascia mobility net, rather than just one muscle group.
- FST is a pain free stretch! FST works to elongate muscle/fascia.
- FST uses various forms of movement. Rather than holding a singular stretching position for a long period of time, FST focuses on stretching modality, as your body will be guided properly through a sequence of motions.
- FST uses traction – this decreases the compression in the joint capsule and allows for a deeper, pain free stretch
- FST is an elevated and assisted form of stretching - you will be on a cushioned table, and the therapist will be moving your body for you
QubeCore Sports & Rehab offers Fascial Stretch Therapy in North Vancouver for a wide range of injuries and conditions. To book your appointment, call 604.210.2274 or simply Book online.