How to treat Migraine headaches with Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
By Elnaz Miri – Acupuncturist
Usually, a side headache in the temple area that is very severe and doesn’t go away with simple painkillers is considered a migraine. You may experience tension behind your eyes that may cause sensitivity to light and noise, nausea and no appetite.
What are the causes of migraine headache in the concept of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture?
In Chinese Medicine, we look at the root cause of the disease and see your body as a whole of body, mind, and sprint and the connection with the season, climate, diet, and lifestyle in general. Very generally and briefly, different reasons cause migraine or any other type of headaches, which you may experience at the forehead, at the top of the head, or even at the occipital area (behind the head).
• Neck and shoulder tension and muscle spasms
• Insomnia and lack of good quality sleep at night
• Iron deficiency and lack of minerals
• Not having enough water intake daily
• Hormonal imbalance, menstrual complications, or premenopause
• Anger, stress, anxiety, depression
• Digestion issue
• Blockage of blood and lack of blood circulation especially at upper back, neck, and head
• Liver and Gallbladder or even kidney issues.
How can acupuncture help with Migraine headaches?
With very tiny disposable stainless steel needles, insertion at certain areas on the hands, feet, scalp and ear, sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves get back to balance and calm the mind. It also helps the brain to produce natural painkillers (Endorphins and Dopamine). Muscles get to relax and the tension will go away.
• Blood and energy move inside the body
• Organ function will become in harmony with the body
• Sleep quality improves
• Stress and anxiety ease off
In other words, acupuncture brings your body back to balance and happiness, and peace!
QubeCore Sports & Rehab offers Acupuncture in North Vancouver for a wide range of injuries and conditions. To book your Acupuncture treatment, please call the clinic or book online with Elnaz.